View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 08:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
Hi Sandi and others who have responded to this thread.
I wonder if any of you with C1 to C7 problems could give me a brief history of what has happened to get them to the surgery stage?
I'm presently having steroid facet injections to C5-6-7, with great success for 2 months after. So I'm just wondering if you started out this way too. Trying to see what's ahead for me.
Thanks
Hi Peter,
I too had problems with C5-6-7.. Started with steroid injections which worked for about 2 weeks for me. Shortly thereafter, I progressed to massive pain meds as the injections no longer worked. Mind you I found out that both discs were completely "blown out" as my Neuro-Surgeon put it. I had surgery on Feb. 14th of 2007 and am doing fine. I was back to work lifting normally 3 weeks after surgery.. (yes, it was the ACDF..yet my Surgeon used cages and plates ...no bone at all) I still had swallowing issues, and some muscle spasms, but all in all...very good results. I am normal now, and living fine. Prior to surgery, I could not sleep...was working a max of 3 hours per day, and had given up everything I lived for. I strongly suggest if you reach surgical stage to ask your Doctor about the cages and plates. I would be happy to e-mail you a post-op xray of them to show your Doctor, as it worked well for me.

Cheers Mate!
Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Surgery for Degenerative Disc Disease - Cervical-post-op-xray-001-jpg  
printerhead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote