View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 08:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by printerhead View Post
Hi Peter,
I too had problems with C5-6-7.. Started with steroid injections which worked for about 2 weeks for me. Shortly thereafter, I progressed to massive pain meds as the injections no longer worked. Mind you I found out that both discs were completely "blown out" as my Neuro-Surgeon put it. I had surgery on Feb. 14th of 2007 and am doing fine. I was back to work lifting normally 3 weeks after surgery.. (yes, it was the ACDF..yet my Surgeon used cages and plates ...no bone at all) I still had swallowing issues, and some muscle spasms, but all in all...very good results. I am normal now, and living fine. Prior to surgery, I could not sleep...was working a max of 3 hours per day, and had given up everything I lived for. I strongly suggest if you reach surgical stage to ask your Doctor about the cages and plates. I would be happy to e-mail you a post-op xray of them to show your Doctor, as it worked well for me.

Cheers Mate!
Dave
Hi...Me again,
Figured out how to post the xray here... just click on it for the full size image. If you want to chat, I am available by e-mail and msn messenger at hansmathias8@hotmail.com
printerhead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote