View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 09:30 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Whew? maybe?

Think of it this way, if auto-immune, just IMAGINE the possibilities of even more complications than you already have?
Overall, neuropathies are mind-boggling the implications/conditions/diseases ...whatever [depends on who you read or where they come from] never seem to agree on this aspect of it ALL.
I think I understand your disappointment about the test tho...all dressed up and no where to go or the like.
I also appreciate your decision to 'get' as much out of a spinal tap as possible. It's an invasive procedure, less so than surgeries, but still equally or more invasive in terms of dangers is one IS immune-compromised. Ergo the bang for the 'tap. For that I do think you are wise to try and get that 'bang' when you are sort-of being 'bunged'?

If I may, ask a more 'basic' question? Someone has asked me about the specific tests and their test complexity progressions during the diagnosis processes. I re-reviewed the worksheets and see the components of testing=test aspect results, but no simple 'roadmap' of how the test types progress and what they are... I do recall I had had over 90% of the test factors listed on the worksheets, but well, back then [way-back, it seems now?] I had not gotten into the habit of copying the test orders...so I could look up the "what-all it means' after I get results. All I recall is that there were lots of boxes checked w/lots of numbers either before or after them. And yes, I've the results, but just the results...no key identifications as to the actual tests conducted. Even my insurance EOB's are no help...just 'lab work=$$$$$$ and I pay Y amount.. I do know test orders come is sort of 'clusters' testing groups of things specifically for special immune issues, nutrition issues and hormone issues, but when there are 10 to 15 checked of a 'lab sheet', well the mind fogs over and just goes-OK TAKE MY BLOOD etc.. At what point does it get really complicated? Do I want to know? even...
Sooo any simple help here would help others truly. Thanks for any help.

Network vs out of network can and is truly a pain! Good thing one of my docs who's gone 'out of' since I signed on, worked out something with my plan, for me. For that I am one very grateful person, both to the doc and the plan. So many here know all to well, how PLANS at times rule good, bad or indifferent medical care. Sigh. Hoping you have mostly GOOD in your network! These things can get soo terribly sticky and beyond hassles. - j

PS Hope you have some Dove bars handy, sounds like they mite come in handy. I prefer Hersheys Extra Dark...no reason, just like the super dark stuff. Let the endorphins loose.
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote