View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 09:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sissy, glad to hear something positive about Amitriptyline instead of the groan I usually get in response. Today was dosage #13 and we're going up to 20 mg starting tomorrow. I hope it proves effective for my son too.

I spoke with Dr. McGrath today who was wonderful. He is the first medical person I have encountered who has been able to offer more than "take it slow." We also contacted Dr. Cantu's office and will likely follow up with him next week. We have an appt. with a neurologist at Children's tomorrow and for me, this will be my last effort to confirm whether or not they can offer what we need.

Sissy, what do the headaches feel like? As Nancy suggested, it is very hard for my son to articulate what he's feeling. He has resorted to moaning, sometimes crying out, and sometimes fully crying with tears. Also, did yours get worse at night? I'm hearing about fatigue headaches at the end of the day. This week's pattern seems to be headaches ranging from 4-7 during the day (managable for him with distractions) and then whammies at night, one he described at 100.

Any experience with Chiropractors (laser therapy to the top of the spine and massage) and Cranial Psychotherapists (zero balancing and pressure points)? My son is undergoing both treatments. I don't know if we will ever know if they're working or not, but he wants to go and feels good being there and being treated. The Psychotherapist told me today that she could feel more "space" in Christopher's head and he was much looser than 3 days ago. I do know he was smiling and relaxed there. Just wondered if you ever tried that?

Thanks for all your advice. It's really helpful to get input from people who have been there!
sbosco is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote