View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 10:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

If you don't have a good sound card, you also have the option of using a USB pod (which plugs into the USB port of your computer and handles the sound for whatever microphone you attach to it separately from your PC's sound card or integrated sound system).

I've been using USB pod/headset microphone combinations for the past couple of years. I've had good experience with theBoom “O” Microphone and KnowBrainer Hands-Free Headset Microphone combined with a USB pod, with theBoom “O” Microphone seeming best for comfort (at least for large heads like mine) and a little better at voice recognition.

A good source for both microphones and Dragon NaturallySpeaking voice software (both preferred and professional editions) is knowbrainer.com,
a site that is both a Dragon NaturallySpeaking reseller and also sells an add-on program for Dragon NaturallySpeaking called KnowBrainer.

They also have free support forums for Dragon NaturallySpeaking, microphones and sound recorders, etc. (accessible from the main site -- can't post a direct link here because I get a message saying that I don't have enough posts to be able to post links or images )

Regards,

ThreeForOne
ThreeForOne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote