View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 10:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default The headaches

HI I am not Sissy however I can tell you what my headaches are like.

I get headaches when I am tired. I feel the fog closing in and my brain feeling squeezed, my skull then feels like it is not attached to my spine properly. Also the total lack of energy like you are dragging around 10 ton and thinking causes more pain in your brain. And when you are like this it is very hard to go too sleep - which makes it all worse and then the tears come.

I think if your son rested during the day i.e. tried to have a sleep the headaches may not be as bad. I have had this for 6 and half years now (I am 51) and have now managed to get into a routine - 11.30 -12 pm shut my eyes for half an hour in quiet room - if I am out I have to go and do that in my car. 3-4 p.m. I actually go to bed and hopefully sleep for part of that time. I set the alarm and will not leave the bed until my hour is up. I think this helps the over stimulation of your brain and does help the headaches. On the days that I manage to actually go to sleep in the aftn I sleep better at night as I am not overtired.

If your son has bad headaches l don't think that he should be at school all day.

I have also learnt that the professionals do not know much at all and if your instincts are contradicting the advice you are given go with your instincts.

Lynlee
Lucy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote