View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 12:45 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I may abandon my crutches and might comandeer one of my mom's rollators. (she's had 2 knee replacements) She has rollaters stashed all over the house.

I was going to go take a shower, but am too tired and sore to think about standing in there long enough to wash my hair. This may be the time to take advantage of the WALK-IN bathtub we had installed in the upstairs bathroom. Too bad the room isnt finished. Needs tile and waterproof walls around the tub. As long as I dont splash it's ok to use.

I think I'll wait till tomorrow to try to hose myself off. I'm not sure I'll even be able to stand on my knee tomorrow (hurts that bad now)

I'm already discovering other boo-boo's that I got from the hard landing. (didnt get my landing gear down in time...at least I didnt burn up in the crash) My hip and ankle hurt now too. My right shoulder...and my right low back (already had back problems from a car accident in 99) At least I didnt hit my head, I had way too many concussions and bumps against my head when I was growing up. At least I dont have to worry about my brain shorting out on me.

My boyfriend called to check up on me, and is teasing me that if I'm not nice to him, he's not going to kiss my knee and make it feel better. (I could think of other things he could kiss that would make me feel better... *sigh*)

At least now, I'm on my bed, I'm surrounded by two crochet projects, every crochet hook I own, all my knitting needles and at least 4 kinds of yarn. Along with a Harry Potter book (Half-Blood Prince) and of course my computer and an ice pack.

What's weird is, the past few nights, my feet have been getting numb around 10 at night, and it's almost midnight and my toes feel totally normal and I dont even have the numbness in my thigh (same side I fell on) that I've had for the past few weeks.

Maybe the fall told the little MS Trolls to go hide and not bother me for now. (hopefully)

I keep wanting to get up and walk around. I dont want to stiffen up. Know I'm going to once I fall asleep for any length of time. It just hurts to walk on that knee.

I cant wait till this heals. Hopefully it'll heal faster than the achilles tendon rupture that I had in 2001 did. (over a year to heal that!)

I've never had crutches before...they're not as easy to use as they look...and my upper body strength isnt all that great. You'd think with all the crocheting and knitting that I do would help. Guess it doesnt.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote