View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 06:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default SW sleep centers

Quote:
I was diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea a few years back. I just couldn't adjust to the bipap. This year I went to a better sleep disorders center and they diagnosed central sleep apnea as well as the obstructive sleep apnea. I was wondering who else has these disorders and how they deal with it. We are now in the process of trying to decide where to move and I hoped to find out where the best treatment was for these disorders in the SW or NW regions of the USA. Maybe someone has some experience with different sleep centers as some are better than others.
I have both, leaning more towards central. Currently I'm on CPAP of 14 but he's increasing it to 15. I recently did an in home APAP test and he could see that the most I actually slept in one night was 109 minutes. Least was 8 minutes. Naturally it's not an accurate test, how could the APAP accurately calculate what my pressure should be at on 8 minutes of sleep? I'm totally exhausted, fall asleep while driving etc. and have to take Adderall. Respiratory wants me to try bipap but doc said no, don't need it. Sigh.

Anyway, the Presbyterian Sleep Disorders Center is considered one of the best in the area..it's in Albuquerque.

Good luck!

Chronic pain since 1999
Oh, too many things to list!
Kandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote