View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 08:34 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Two cents and worth every penney...

Like a mask, the faceless form online reveals as much as it hides. May you find peace, Marc Remillard. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
Less of the ageing Rick. I have never had anyone guess me as being older than 35. Ron is old enough to be my Father.

I'm not a science fiction fan, so I don't know Marc Remillard. However, the persona somebody projects on the Internet is probably very different from how they actually are. The Internet is very deceptive in that respect. In the real world I am easy going and usually play the fool. It's only when it comes to medicine that I get serious, critical and contentious, because that's what medicine deserves. I have made the most ridiculous false assumptions myself about people on BT - wrongly guessing people's age, gender, nationality, personality. One person I had always assumed to be an old man, turned out to be a nice looking young woman - a real stereotype destroyer as far as PD is concerned.

I gave what Ron had written a serious appraisal. I thought that was what he wanted - unless maybe it was fom me ! I did it because I found the subject interesting. If it does suggest or even prove anything, then it may be that the function of the blood brain barrier tends to decline with age, and that this makes somebody more prone to the effects of toxicity. This would have implications for most medical disorders. There are about a dozen known toxic causes of PD. There are probably already studies in the scientific literature that deal with the relationship of some of these toxins to blood brain barrier function.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote