View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 09:00 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Post my experience...

Is similar.

I had huge huge "brain fog" from bread and esp bagels (bagels are typically made from high gluten types of flour).

Before OBT and before I even understood gluten intolerance well, I gave the bagels the heave-ho.

Also, I had a chronic edema of the feet and hands, the hands especially.
My fingers would swell up and I'd have to take my wedding band off.
The swelling episode went away, when I removed gluten.

I also had a chronic GI upset, rapid transit symptoms (food moving thru at very fast rates--sometimes 2 hrs), and cramping. All which I and my doctor "thought" were due to my congenital GI malrotation..a birth defect.

However, I have found for myself at least, that meals that are basically carbohydrate...make me sleepy too. More sleepy than high protein ones.
So I tend to have pasta or potatoes, etc for my nighttime meal, and more protein for lunch and breakfast. A high carb lunch can knock me into naptime too. (high ratios of carbs stimulate serotonin release which is sedating for some people). People vary in this response.

Here is a link you may find useful:
http://sulcus.berkeley.edu/mcb/165_0...ipts/_901.html

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote