View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 09:44 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink Oh, sigh...Cheri...

I bet you have some nice stuff. Can you take a few pictures?

I just bought some Botswana agates for a song..on Ebay. I have found that if you look long enough and are patient, some deals do come along. These are small bits with lovely lines in them. I got 3lbs for 2.75 and combined shipping with 6 lbs of rose quartz. These little agates might do very well on an unfinished birdhouse I found a JoAnn's fabric/hobby store. I discovered that JoAnn's is much nicer for unpainted stock than Michaels (which is getting too expensive too).

I am very amazed that Ebay has so many sellers for minerals and crystals.
Some are very inexpensive from China, but I have resisted them so far. 2 months shipping makes me uneasy. But each afternoon, I scope out new sellers. I have a trick== I click on who is bidding against me, to see how determined they are, and then find what that person bought recently...this opens up the selling market quickly for me, instead of endless searching.

The best deals so far are from people reselling stuff from old estate sales. These folks don't really know the value of stones, so I can pick them up that way affordably. But sometimes I have to sit on my hands and not buy too much! LOL I put them in "watch this item" and by the next day or so the massive urge to bid has passed

I am also hand polishing rough Petoskey stones, that I am finding on Ebay. One seller sent me a note in email... he used to be our mailman! Many years ago and remembered our name and house...how funny was that? So we met again!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote