Thread: New to list
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 11:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default question about your surgery

Hi Linda,

Thank you for writing about your experience. Can you tell me - did Dr. Togut perform your surgery or did you have that done somewhere else? I really, really like the idea of surgery as a last option, but should I really need it, I do want to know that I would be dealing with an experienced and competent surgeon. It sounds like you have really had a fantastic experience with Dr. Togut. I've called his office today and had to leave a message - I hope they'll call back soon so I can make an appointment. He's 2 1/2 hours away but hopefully he will be well worth the trip! Driving can really aggravate the TOS so my boyfriend is going to drive me there and back (he's a real sweetheart!) - Shame on you for driving to FL all by yourself!!! I'm sure you'll bounce right back though! Best wishes to you!
Waggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinJane View Post
Also, aproximately 1 year after surgery I was literally pain free. I was able to have my fourth child in 2002 with a completely normal pregnancy. I did schedule a c-section so I wouldn't aggrevate my neck.

I was completely pain free until March of last year. I drove my family from NJ to Disney almost completely by myself. The stress of the drive put me back into TOS hell. Dr. T. was not happy with me when I went to see him. The fact that I had been completely "cured" and did something so stupid by being so stressd was not a good thing.

We are driving to Disney again next month but I have learned my lesson and will make sure I have my husband help and my daughter has her license now so she can help. Also, little things like bringing a pillow to rest my arm on and stopping and changing drivers more often.

Best of luck to you. Having TOS does not have to be a life sentence as long as we pay attention to our doctors and our bodies.

Linda

waggydog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote