View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 01:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Dr. Jho surgery update 5 weeks after surgery.

Please see my post above regarding the surgery and the first week.

I am completely pain free, now that I have returned to normal activities some of the symptoms have returned. I would say the surgery fixed 80% of the symptoms, the remaining symptoms are mild.

Prior to surgery Dr Jho said I have Stenosis at three levels, L5-4, L4-3 and L3-2. Before the surgery he said the worst point was L5-4 and he will work on that level only. He said it does not look that bad on the MRIs. He did mention that I may need to come in again to have another level done if the work on L5-4 doesn't releave all my problems. A few hours after the surgery he said that L5-4 was very tight and required a lot more work that expected; most likely I would need to have the other two levels done.

BTW...I played an hour of basketball in an over 50 league a few days ago with no ill effects...four weeks after the surgery.

I am thinking of having the L4-3 level done just before Christmas, so I can recover over the Christmas holidays as I did for the first surgery. It's nice having all the relatives waiting on you and I can watch all the bowl games ;-)

I will update again in a month or so
Dallaskibby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote