View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 03:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello, my fellow MSer! Since you are also not part of the "normal" population, this should be of interest to you to at least investigate. If you insert the two phrases "Multiple Sclerosis" "Vitamin D3" together into your search engine, you'll see a lot of interesting (and relatively recent) info. In short, besides the theory that insufficient D3 puts people at greater risk for developing MS, it is also believed to possibly be beneficial for those who already have it. For those in whom there is a clinical reason to supplement with D3, it's just really not possible to get enough from the sun without bad side effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrik View Post
How funny - I just came in from my 10 minutes of vitamin D time and I read this. LOL. However, I now feel totally ignorant. I have always been under the impression that the best way to absorb enough vitamin D is via sunshine. I know that vitamin D is difficult to supplement as it doesn't absorb well in pill form.

I did not read the articles yet. It's MS nap time for me but I will when I wake up more refreshed.

In the meantime, could someone enlighten me a little. I'm confused.
Bearygood is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote