View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 05:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Maybe a diagnosis finally

I had spoken with some on this site many months ago when my brother (27 years old) suddenly had shaking symptoms.

He went thru tons of tests and weeks in the hospital. From the end of July to August he became very unsteady and started using a walker, by October he could barely walk with the walker unless he stabilizes himself on a wall. Things havent changed much since then. Most recently he was hospitalized for pulmonary embolisms. He is still being followed by doctors from all over the country.

The doctor has now mentioned he is considering RDP, (Rapid-Onset Dystonia Parkinsonism). Can anyone here give us some first hand knowledge about RDP?

His shaking is semi-controlled by the Artain, but his legs just dont want to do what they are told, and it seems the one side is twisting outwards when he walks.

We are also looking for support groups so he can get together with people to talk with, can anyone send any links directly to me? We are in NE PA. His friends have been great, picking him up and always including him in what they do.

Any input would be great.

Last edited by labar914; 01-25-2008 at 06:06 PM. Reason: ..
labar914 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote