View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 08:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Let's start a rock group!

That was really an amazing poem. I can't believe she included this line..

"A strong woman is making herself strong, every morning while her back throbs."

Talk about ironic, huh? Maybe these things only happen to strong women, like us, and that's how it all comes about we have so much in common with the strength and this disease....(And waking up with stiff, stuck aching backs)

You both have been truly kind in your words to me in regards to my past. Thank you so much for making me feel like Superwoman. Another ironic thing is people have always told me I looked a lot like Linda Carter!!!!! LOL

To answer your questions though, I've had RSD/CRPS (whichever you want to call it) since September of 2006. I left my ex husband years ago...when I was in my mid 20's, I did not have RSD then. As I mentioned though, that was something that tought me how much strength I had. By leaving him and by starting a new life with my toddlers (now they are teens). It's been years of struggling, years of patience and hope for a better future.

I met Brian (now known as LoveMuffin) in 1999, a few years after leaving my ex. I was pretty content with the single life. I was just dating someone at the time, but it was nothing serious and to be honest hadnt planned on even bothering with a serious relationship again. He was a music teacher in England (where's he's from) and I was just getting into the Environmental Feild.

Definately we met when I least expected it in the most unlikely place!!!!!!!

It all started when I bought my very first computer... I had been told Chat Rooms weren't safe, so I stayed away from them (for the first few days at least) I went into some randome room, and I met Brian who was, at the time, known as "FuNkY". I didn't even really know how to use the internet then...so I couldn't tell you at the time how I even ended up in a chatroom called "FrEaKs R uS"! (I' can't help to laugh as I type this!)

He and I were getting along so well, it was like we had everything in common. It was actually pretty unbelieveable to see someone else respond and react exactly the same way I did to everything. He was getting ready to disconnect, begain to say good night to everyone in the room. (It was daybreak in England at that point!) Just as he had his finger on the 'X' to close the window I typed. "Going so soon?" He stayed for a little while longer and we exchanged email addresses. If I hadnt said anything we never would have met again because as I mentioned I had NO idea how I ended up in the "FrEaKs R uS" chat room in the first place!!!!! We exchanged emails that night and he sent me a long email about himself. I was so excited, I ran to my mother to show her what he wrote. She told me he sounded too good to be true, but of course I didn't listen...my stubburness is still very strong!!!! Months after speaking on the phone and instant messenging we couldnt take the seperation anymore, we had to find out if this was as real as it seemed to be. He rang up the biggest phone bill in the world, which made him completely broke. He sold many things just to be able to come to the U.S. for 2 weeks. It was very powerful actually, and completely romantic. He was so cute as well...long blonde hair, six foot four, blue eyes...like my very own British Rockstar!!!!! LOL

He and the kids got along wonderfully as well, and that was so important to me. When it was time to leave again he decided at the last minute (once again) he was going to stay. He's been here since then!!!!!!!! Then about a year and a half later came our seven year old girl, little Chloe!!!!!!!!!

When he came here, he couldn't work mind you...it took years to get his immigration status legal...so I was actually not just taking care of two young children, but also LoveMuffin and Chloe as well!!!! Only now I had at least some support with the kids, and they took him on as their father.

But in January of 2006, he was made a Permenant Resident!!!!! That same January he got his drivers license and a really good job!!!!!!! Now he makes tons of money and has just received a promotion and is going to make me a rich woman! (Or else)

Anyways...that's what I mean about struggling so long, then finally being able to take a deep breath and relax then being hit all of the sudden with this CRPS bullsheet! What a slap in the face!!!!!! Now you see what I mean????

Heather...
That's so sweet that you called your Bryan like that. I'll bet that made his day!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry you are having to encounter this pain again. How terribly frightening for you it must be. You really do have so much courage to have RSD, get married, and have a baby. That's like the biggest stand off to RSD I can think of. You really have the attitude that your not going to prevent RSD from preventing you from doing all you've wanted to do for yourself. I can see you are a truly happy person and delighted by your family. It iwas so obvious when I was looking at the pictures you had on your page last night.

Rocker, you really are so lucky to have your GF. She sounds so amazing as well! I know what you mean about releasing with someone when you're like this...it really does make a world of difference when you have someone like that by you, some one who "medicates" the soul.

Thanx again for all the nice things you've said...you made my day as well! And I am just so impressed and inspired lately and it's because of all the wonderul things being said in this thread. I do believe this is the best thread ever!!!!!!!!!

Now, your GF's name isn't 'Bryanna' by chance is it? I only say that because Heather and I both have a Brian and Bryan! HA!

Last edited by GreyHoundLover; 01-25-2008 at 09:04 PM. Reason: couldnt read it!
GreyHoundLover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote