View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 04:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I would run, not walk, to another doctor.

I'm guessing that he thinks TOS surgery is neither safe or effective because he is not qualified to do it or knows little about TOS. As others pointed out in the other thread, TOS experts say that you have to do the top compression (the one closest to the nerve root ) first. If a TOS expert advises you do go forward with the ulnar surgery, I'd believe that it was the correct course of action. Your ortho can only offer you the ulnar surgery, of course he won't recommend the TOS surgery. From what I have read on here, the good TOS (usually vascular or thoracic ) surgeons aren't pushing the surgery,( unless it is a clear cut veinous issue) unless they really feel it is necessary.

It's kind of like, if you want to know what the best car is, read Consumer Reports. The Ford dealer (your ortho) is never going to send you to the Toyota dealership. The TOS expert is Consumer Reports....the only one who "gets it". He is not going to try to "sell" you on having TOS surgery, in fact he will send you to a PT to try to help you avoid surgery altogether.

Find a TOS expert.
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote