View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 08:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Chris,
My son was always very small, very short and very thin - he was teased horribly - the whole bit....

He came home from school one day and asked me "Mom - what is a midget ?"

Oohhhhhh I could barely hold it together - don't even remember what I told him to play it down. I do remember going to my bedroom later, closing the door to be alone and crying my eyes out.

Also, when my 2 children were very small - people thought I had twins but my son was nearly 3 years older than my daughter and for a while my daughter was taller than my son as they grew up.

He is now 29 years old and 5'8" or 5'9" tall (not sure exactly height) but he is a good sized man and bulky (not fat) but a very strongly built - sturdy man.
Funny thing - both my son and daughter are the same height to this day and - "I" am the munchkin !!!

As a child - we were just hoping he would make it to be 5' 2" tall (and that is my height and I am a short female !!! The pediatrician was charting his growth and that was what he was targeted to reach.

During his early teenaged years - he shot straight up !!! So you just never know....

"Probable MS" Symptoms since winter 1996/97
Cervical Spinal Stenosis
Hashimoto's Disease
Fibromyalgia

Some days you're the windshield.... some days you're the bug.
snoodles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chris (01-26-2008)