View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 12:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Greyhound

What is venipuncture? Whatever it is, it sounds painful.

I am slowly learning, through reading others sharing their symptoms, and how they manifest, how, truly, it is different for every single person. Do you often feel sick to your stomach, due to pain, when you are having a "flare" or you notice an increase of pain and your symotoms acting up? Or, anyone else reading this for that matter.

Example: woke up this morning, with back cramps/spasms, and tightness in my lower back (original injury in right shoulder). I took my 900mg morning dose of Neurontin and 1/2 hyrdrocodone. About and hour later, to my surprise, my pain level was about a 4 (it has been months and months since my pain has been that low). So, of course, I wanted to get out of the house and go do something; anything. As, normally, within this last week and a half, I have only been able to leave this house once due to pain. Anyway, so, I felt good, at a 4, and my gf and I went shopping. If there is any pattern with RSD and its sometimes spontaneous onset of symptoms, I know that one trigger is shopping unfortunately (due to have to pull and push, if even just slightly) at the clothing on the racks. So, within about 45 minutes of being there, my pain shot up to a 7-7.5. Once I got home, while the pain maintained that level of intensity, my shoulder burning, bicep area burning, shoulder blade area burning, and numbness/tingling running to my elbow and down to my palm and fingers, I noticed too, another pattern, it being difficult to eat because the pain makes me nausted. Does this aspect, the being sick to your stomach, directly related to the pain, common for people to experience? And, again, and I am NEW to UNDERSTANDING RSD, the way that i just detailed the progression of my symptoms and pain, sound "normal"? These may seem like dumb questions, but, the more I learn, the more I realize how much i need to learn.

So, not such a great day at this point...pain is making it so hard to eat..I'm currently "taking a break"..stepping away from my plate to write this, hoping, it will subside...
jcrewrockstar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote