View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 12:38 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjeans View Post
I understand 'space and time' to mean that there have been repeated situations, such as vertigo, or numbness, etc.

Am I correct in this?
I'm going to quote someone else who was recently talking about this, as my explanation is rather convoluted.

"Evidence of dissemination in space and time can come from clinical history, MRIs, or the lab (from spinal fluid and visual evoked potentials)."

For a dx of MS, there must be "objective evidence of distinct neurological attacks separated in time, and tied to different areas of the central nervous system (separated in space)."

"An attack must last at least 24 hours to be an attack (and often lasts much longer), but to be a new attack, it must be separated from the old attack by 30 days."

(Sometimes we are left with ongoing symptoms, or symptoms which just flare when we are particularly tired, but an attack is a distinct event, with a start and finish.)

Hope this helps.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
sugarboo (01-26-2008)