Thread: Devastated
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 01:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Moss View Post
The hardest thing for me is that it happened 3 weeks after I finally left him. (guilt - inducing....) I had tried so hard for so many years, lying to myself and putting on a good front for others. I confronted him many times and gave him my bottom line - he would "try" (or go underground, more likely) for a w hile, only to have it reoccur - worse each time. He was my high school sweetheart and we had a good life - nice home - 2 kids - wonderful friends and family. I desperatly wanted to grow old together and have our grandchildren snuggle in our laps and play in our yard. I wanted to carry on the family traditions and add to the wonderful memories we had built. I wanted to look into the eyes I had loved for so long after they became wrinkled and see that love returned. I guess that was why it took me so long to realize things were so bad.

Spanish Moss (Nan)
My ex did it 2 months after we (I) decided it would not be good to reconcile. We were divorced for a yr and back together for almost a yr. I feel like a widow cuz I still loved him so much but like you the drinking and drugging was just too much. We were married 22 yrs. It still hurts so much 2 1/2 yr after his death.

wendyetc myspace url

I love talking about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about. -Oscar Wilde

"If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking." ~Buddhist Saying
smiles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GmaSue (07-29-2009)