View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 02:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Co Q 10, ubiquinol

I'm re-ordering my supplements, and it's a fortune. I take Co Q10, and it's rather pricey. The newest thing seems to be ubiquinal, a new version.

Does anyone know a good brand and which is best? Can I buy a less expensive brand safely and get the proper ingredients with quality control? Any ideas?

Also, I'm carnitine deficient and take acetyl L carnitine, usually. I've switched to carnitine-arginine, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra price. The amount of carnitine in the pills is actually less. Recommendations?

Jarrow ALCA is what I last bought.

And lastly, Magnesium. I'm getting cramps in my legs in my sleep, and they wake me up with agony, and a startle pain that makes it difficult to fall back to sleep. I think Magnesium coujld help, but again, there are several formulations,a nd I'm not sure the best.

Even alpha-lipoic acid comes in new forms. Are these worth it? Please, all thoughtful advice is welcome. I'm looking at my shopping cart, and it's not do-able.

thank you.

As a PS. I'v been taking Vit D 3, 800 mg. There's a form that comes 1000 mg, and is less expensive, but I'm not sure the increased dose is good. I think it may have actually improved my mood. Okay, I had a vacation, but I still think the D3 may have contributed. Or the sunshine.

thank you all.

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote