View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 03:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

You're all so wonderful! Reading thru all the posts, my eyes begin to fill with tears as I become ever so thankful for such great friends. We've heard many stories of men who have had this same type of cancer and have fathered children afterwards. Someone said to me in chatroom last nite "Tell your son to send his sperm to bank so he can have kids later on". It kinda hit a nerve with me at the time. I replied "Right now we're just praying that our son is able to get through the surgery and not require tons of radiation..I'd rather have a healthy son than a zillion grandkids right now!!"
He's now telling family when they call that he's "kinda scared". Well duh, of course we get scared. I remember myself many yrs ago when an Air Force dr. said to me..."Marilyn, we don't know what is causing the severe abdominal pain you've been having for months, we're going to cut in the middle and do exploratory surgery". It truly IS a frightening feeling, not knowing what you're going to come out of surgery with..or without!! Turned out that I had ovarian cysts that were larger than the ovaries themselves, but they were lying on the backs of the ovaries and not noticable with xrays. I had 2 healthy boys after such surgery too!!!!
We're keeping the faith, we know the power of prayer, and we know that he's at a world known Clinic with wonderful surgeons.

Marilyn

We are friends for a reason. Sometimes we don't know why until we've been friends for a long time !!!

Take time to laugh, it's music to the soul.

Corkybird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (01-26-2008), FinLady (01-28-2008)