View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 12:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Its just a thought, but have your GYN and Neuro spoken about this? Is it possible that you would be able to go onto a OBC (oral Birth control) that brings your cycle to only 4x/year like Seasonale? I know from experience how terrible a "bad" period can be...I went for years with monthly N/V, fetal position cramps, etc, till I finally had enough and went on the OrthoCycline. Now I'm on OrthoTricycline, and I have made it so that I only get my period 4x/year by skipping the inactive pills in each cycle for 3 mos, as per my GYN's directions.

My monthly is much better now, no more horrible migraines, no more vomiting, no more wishing someone would put me out of my misery. I did have to have a D&C done a few times when I first started out (very large clots were causing part of the problems). I can only imagine what it would be like to have GMs on top of everything else.

There are tons of different OBCs out there that have differing levels of progesterone/estrogen blends, so if one isn't right for you, don't give up. I know of so many of my friends who gave up on BCPs while in college, because of side-effects, without ever going back to try another. Don't give up...be persistent with your GYN and your Neuro to get this straightened out...you don't have to live with this, and you certainly shouldn't have to consider a hysterectomy unless it's an option of last resort. Good luck sweetie!

Theresa
Tbackpain1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote