View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 05:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronhutton View Post
I have tried to contact Dr. Gordon Dougal, but no luck yet.
Surely it must have occured to them to apply the approach to PD. Or surely someone who has bought the Virulite machine for cold sore treatment etc also is a PWP.
Fascinating, could it work by encouraging repair of the cells in the BBB? They do say IR can penetrate the skull.
The story was in my daily newspaper, and said the results so far are on mice but human trials are planned this summer.
One thing they don't reveal is whether the effects are temporary or permanent
Ron
Everyone should follow this story as the benefits compared to the risks are huge.

Anyone get alzheimers,including the rich and famous.

Infra red light as shown in the helmet is not that difficult to reproduce and the device could no doubt be adapted to fit under a hat or cap easily after all infra red light diodes are very cheap.

The only thing we don't know is what the intensity is or how many infra red light diodes are used.

The picture shows what looks like heats sinks as over a CPU with fan indicating that the infra red light diodes must be operating at high intensities to penetrate the skull and hence need to be cooled

I want to know if it has been patented.

They say trials might start summer which is an eternity away for people with this condition.

I want to see the patent.I want to know what exact wavelength is used...how many leds and the reason for the cooling fans and heatsinks..

MAYBE a infra red halogen lamp is used and that is why the large heatsinks and cooling fans like on a CPU?

You do realize you can make this device yourself?

It is not rocket science.

Now I am trying to help you.

From the picture it looks it just looks like 5 infra red leds with wavelength of 1072 nanometres arranged around the helmet with fans to cool them,as they must be running at their maximum rated current.

You can buy 5 infrared leds easily for under $100 OR you can use a ready made security camera kit infrared flood light for about $40 to $80.

The infra red flood light COMES WITH THE SECURITY CAMERA. ready made..think about it. plug and play or rather plug and heal..

.. look up cctv infra red LED lighting in google...

Maplin Electronics,etc have loads. Maplins EVEN sells infra red leds for under 1 pound each but their wavelengh is 950 nm not 1072 nm, I don't know if this makes a difference...

Think about it. you could try this easily yourself on your kin with minimum risk for 10 minutes a day for 4 weeks and note any changes.

THINK ABOUT IT.

Or you can sit on your backside waiting,waiting and waiting and watching pop idol,waiting for Santa to bring it to you in 10 years time.

Now I have given you all the information to get you started and it should be easy for you to get a helmet and stick 5 leds into it as in the picture OR use use the ready made infra red led flood light that comes ready made with a security camera and stick that in a helmet.

I don't know if the helmet is reflective on the inside or not....you could email Virulite for more information.

You could get a electronics friend to help you in this project.
esecallum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ZucchiniFlower (01-29-2008)