View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 01:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My GYN history is probably as colorful as the rest. First off, though - I stopped taking the Depakote for various reasons. One, it didn't work - Two, I lost hair - Three, I was on too many medications and couldn't stay awake!

My very first GYN visit showed an abnormal pap, they did a Colposcopy and found the pre-cancer cells on my cervix. Normally, the area was small enough when they took the 'sample' they took it all. If that didn't work, the cone biopsy normally did it. The stages of the cancer cells have varied from ascus (sp?), dysplasia, etc. - At the moment, I have none I think. They come and go!

I've tried to have children 3 times total. I was young and trying to race the clock. They told me as a young girl my time to have children was limited due to the severity of my endometriosis, along with my cervix being rather crooked.

I was able to have my son, but not without a truckload of complications. During my race, I had an ectopic pregnancy that was overlooked as a misscarriage. I had to get emergency surgery resulting in a lot of scar tissue and a damaged tube. I tried again and had another. I tried once more (third times a charm) and got pregnant with my son. I went into labor at 22 (I think) weeks, and spent over a month in the high risk unit flat on my back. They did some fetal fibre nectin (Im sure it's spelled wrong, but sounded like I spelled it) text and I failed it. It basically said my labor wasn't going to stop.

I literally was in labor for over a month, I had Magnesium Sulfate via IV drip 24/7 and had to get the terbutaline shots a few times a day. I also had steroid injections because they knew I wouldn't "last". I felt labor pains every hour every day, which is what resulted in my having such an absurd pain tolerance now. It's always been high, but that one turned me into quite the warrior.

My son was 6lbs and 4oz and pretty healthy considering how many drugs were in my system.

Hehe, talking about this stuff still chokes me up because deep down - I want another child more than anything. The feeling of not knowing how much you could love something-someone until you have a child is amazing. I knew him for 1 second and was so madly in love with him I knew I'd never be the same. I feel bad that he wants a sibling and I can't do anything about it.

They did a tubal ligation (per medical advice) when I was 21. From what I heard, it may have been the only case for the Catholic hospital to do this surgery for someone who was under 35, with only 1 child and unmarried.

I wish I didn't do it, to be honest. I am still angry for being so ignorant and listening to my GYN back then.

Anyway, boy did I get off track!

They tried the pill but then took me off of it because I am at high risk for cancer due to my medical tests and family history. They tried to use them because I get a lot of cysts, too.

I have a lot of scar tissue from laparoscopies & laparotomies. I also have had an ovarian torsion that fixed itself infront of the doctor via ultrasound. My mother and I both did that and he said we were the only two cases he saw where our ovary twisted and then UNtwisted infront of his face..hehe!

I have so many GYN problems it would be hard to point out which organ is guilty of causing me so much pain. After my tubal ligation, I was fairly bitter and didn't go back for many years. I'm going in November though - and I really want some answers.

I hate to be such a wimp, but I really don't think it is fair for people to have to live this way. It's getting to the point I have these 1 woman pity parties at home when no-one is around.

I hate my ovaries!
Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote