Old 01-26-2008, 08:07 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

*raising hand*

uh, may I speak?

Thank you.

Diets are for chumps, girls. No book, no club, no frozen not-really-food, nor any amount of exercise will make you lose weight. All those companies care about is your money. Period. It's a decision we make every single day, many, many times.

*standing up for impact and eye contact*

Girls, the answer is four food groups. Plain and simple. Simply put, "simple" means that the best foods are those that come as close to the way God made them as possible. God never put gravy on anything.

In 18 months, I took off my weight by following my mom's advice from all those years ago. Four food groups. A little from each every day.

My other steadfast rule is that if I know better than to eat it, I know better than to buy it. So I don't. If it's not here, I know I won't go out to have it now; conversely, if it is here, I know it's the first thing I'll grab. So, it's not here.

Important rule: If you can get it from your car, it is NOT food. If it is served through a machine, it is NOT food.

Whole grains, that's whole grains are your friends, not white, processed anything.

If you fill your pantry, fridge and freezers with the right foods, mistakes won't be so easy to make.

This is how I live. Yes, I screw up. I screwed up over the holidays and when my jeans were too tight, I tightened up and got rid of it. My jeans fit again now. Last fall, I ate a ton of Fritos on a roadtrip (that's the only time I allow myself any Fritos). The roadtrip was a little long, so I did a bad thing on that one. I took charge immediately when I got home and had it off in a reasonable amount of time.

It was hard, it is hard, and for me, I expect it always will be hard. But, I accept that just the same way that I accept my multiple sclerosis and what it's doing to me.

This is the way it is for me now, and I am NOT going back to feeling huge. I was too big, I hated feeling fat, I hated not being able to shop wherever I wanted. I'm not tiny in any way, but I am comfortable where I am and there is no way I'm going to give that up.

Now c'mon, girls, what do you say? Are you tough enough? Are you worth enough to your own spirit? I say that you are, damnit! And you're going to do it!

Now get busy this minute! Liberate your kitchens! Pitch that crap right now! Make a decision! Be accountable to yourself! Today is the day, the day to care about YOU. Who else is gonna do it??????

*flopping in recliner, mopping brow*

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote