View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 10:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sue, Sue, Sue

LET'S START FROM THE BEGINNING HERE...

1. I see up on the stickies there is NO reference for a TOS doc n Chicago.
Can anyone help Sue here?

2. I'm in California and after 8 years of this massive pain in the *** condition I finally found a doc by means of the good TOS patient's here.

3. Chicago has some FABULOUS hospital's and I'm sure great TOS docs as well. Get on the phone and start calling. Take the phone in bed, print out a sheet of Neurologist's in your immediate area. If they know of no one we'll find you one.

4. DO's have an enormous amount of education on TOS which MD's do NOT get any education unless they go into Neurology or Vascular studies. Most Ortho's DO NOT have education so they don't know how to treat it.

I would just hate to see you have another arm surgery of your condition is compressed somewhere else.

The scar tissue issue pertains to ALL surgeries. If you have a second one on your elbow your risking scar tissue build up. Keep this in mind. It's risky either way to work on the nerves. My new FAB doc here does NOT recommend me having another TOS surgery (I still have my ribs and scalenes) due to the CRPS and scar tissue build up and redo's after redo's. It took 2 years to diagnose me and I continued to work a year including over time with no doc ever telling me NO NO NO.

Everyone here is individual. Keep that in mind. Doesn't mean you have to have your ribs out. You just need an educated Neurologist and correct therapy to begin with. That's FAB you are doing your postural and Butler's exercises. Keep it up. The more you strengthen you core for posture, strengthen your traps and upper body the better off you will be. It doesn't mean go out and pick up weights and bands to strengthen. We TOSer's should not. Use Butler as an example and Feledenkrais.
olecyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pianoplayer (01-27-2008)