View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 10:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am a diabetic and have been fat much longer then I was thin, until I found lowcarb....simply put for me sugar (or foods high in starch) make me crave more, just like a junkie....I put on 40 lbs 2 months ago and I realized it was the sugar....it was triggered when I ran out of my bio identical hormones and as soon as I got back on them I had the strength and will to turn away from it again and in a week I lost 20 of the 40 and fully expect to lose the rest...
i was 16 lbs from a normal wt for the first time in 20+ years and now I am 36 lbs from my goal wt and feel much better, blood sugars are normal again, more energy peace and balance memory and no cravings at all! I know a lot of folks are non believers, I used to be one myself as a nurse, but it made me turn around as well as every MD that was involved in my care If you never tried it, why not?? All you have to lose is maybe some wt!! There is a very great support group with tons of low carb recipes (some are mine) and lots of great helpful people.......but I try to now keep my pain world away from my low carb life, they just don"t understand chronic pain but will back yoi all the way with your wt loss or way pf eating since its a lifestyle change just like if you were an alcolholic! When I was in it deeply, I cooked strictly low carb, including tasty deserts and every fat man in this house got their boyhood figures back and had no idea they were even on a diet! Its called lowcarbtransformation.com.
Good luck!
Junie
Back injury 1999, PN,DDD, Spinal Stenosis, Arthritis, Chronic pain, Lumbar Fusion 6-06, Pain Worse then Ever Since!10-10-06 Arachnoiditis! CES! now numbness from waist to thighs, bowel, bladder paralysis, self caths, chronic constipation. Left sided weakness! No appetite depression! Bed 22 hrs day!
Under care of PM 3 years. Diabetic, lost over 100 lbs was 300+, now 174 lbs. Normal labs, diet controlled!
Junie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Fancylady_2006 (01-26-2008), froglady (01-26-2008), Twinkletoes (01-27-2008)