View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 12:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I do have dental insurance that covers up to 1500$ a year in dental work. But, it only covers half of any dental appliance, and that only every five years (last one was a couple of years ago), so this one appears to be all mine cost wise. I also have a collection of "permanent bridges" that had been attached to teeth which had root canals ( a few of which failed). A good point was made eralier about microtubules. There is a major difference between retaining a tooth over various periods of time and actually curing what ails you..

Kristi, I can totally empathize with your predicament. I had root scaling which seemed to set off the first infection (probably released it from where it was simmering)..both those teeth required immediate root canals.

The worst situation was a dentist who insisted I had to be numb (I wasnt) and proceeded to try to work on the tooth in spite of my protests, I lifted an arm to block him and he raised a fist in my face. He was so angry with me he was shaking when he injected that angle between the upper and lower jaw (it was a back molar) so visciously I oozed anesthetic from a salivary gland for months after.

If you have a good dentist it is more than half the battle. Seems like this is true with a lot of medical issues, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi View Post
Hey,TooTired you poor thing you've been through the tooth ringer(sort of speak) haven't you. I assume you don't have dental insurance or do you? I my self don't have Dental insurance when I need it most now because I believe that the copaxone does cause dry mouth and that means tooth problems I've had 2 root canals 2 crowns and my whole mouth is full of old and new cavities(before starting copaxone) ,I went to the dentist last week and I have the start of early peridontal disease my last check-up 8 months my teeth were mostly 2's and now there's alot of 4's and one 5 and that means I need a DEEP CLEANING or root scaling as they call it,plus it's gonna costs me ALOT of money I think I'm gonna need about 6 teeth done.I go back this Wednesday to finish the exam and full xrays and then there tell me how much it's gonna cost I'm afraid to find out !! Take care