View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 11:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I also have Simple and Complex Partial seizures. They are two different types of seizures although they are both in the classification called Partial seizures. They both start, originate in one area of the brain rather than all over the brain like in generalized seizures. That area of epileptogenic activity where the cells are misfiring and where the seizures gets their start is called a focus. Simple Partials can be felt in different ways depending on the location of those cells in the brain. One does not lose consciousness with Simple partials. If the activity involves a larger area around those cells, the seizure can become complex and more involved as far as how it affects you. One does lose consciousness in Complex Partials. You also may lose bladder control etc and should have no or little memory of the event. You may notice that over time if seizures are not stopped, the seizures get worse which is due to the increase in the area of involvement. yur doc does need to know about changes you experience. I have not had a Complex Partial in 10 years almost, and have only a very rare aura ( very quick simple partial - weird feeling for me) that only I know about. I had surgery in 1998 for my epilepsy. Finding an Epileptologist to treat my epilepsy and offer more treatments options made a huge difference. I encourage you to find a patient oriented Comprehensive Epilepsy Center if you do not have success in stopping your seizures with your present doc and medication. Hope this helps. Tattoo
Tattoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote