View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 01:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Since I cannot post the urls

Like escallum, I found a source of LEDs, but they're in the US.

Do a google search on Marubeni L1070-03, it's a infrared LED in the 1070 nm range. It's low power, so I doubt it is the one that they used.

If you wanted to build something that might illuminate these LEDs, do a google search on "Building an LED caselight", and you'll find a way to do so.
You'll need some assistance calculating the resistance and making a schematic so do a google search on "LED series/parallel array wizard"

A second, and much more likely candidate is a Marubeni L1070-66-60, it's a infrared LED in the 1070 nm range but at a power range of 60 mW i.e. more intense. This one requires a heat sink to operate (the higher power needs a way to dissapate heat). It's much more likely to be the one since this one might certainly need a fan.

Talk to a local techie in your city about building one for you. If you built the first one, I would suggest building an array of 60 LEDs since that would be more or less equivalent to the second LEDs power.

DON"T LOOK INTO THE LEDS. That's why they're inside of a helmet. They're in the infrared range, so you most likely won't see anything, but could harm your eyes. The article mentions doing ten minutes per day for four weeks.

Good luck,
N
Nakandakari is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote