Thread: The Gluten File
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 10:43 PM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

I have taken The Gluten File offline for a bit to review it for potential copyright violation. While on BrainTalk, I think we were well protected by Fair Use law, and measures JL took. But, now that I have it in this new format, it occured to me I might want to take a more scrutizining look.

As much as I believe I have appropriately cited all sources of the information contained within, I hold open the possibility there may be some problem somewhere. I have cited so many sources, always trying to supply the appropriate link or clearly identifying the source, but I imagine the law is much more complex than my teeny brain imagines. I always thought you could excerpt things so long as you provided the source, especially for educational purposes... fair use... but I think the actual law is not quite that generous. I have found just a few spots where I may have quoted too much, even though it was cited and linked to the online original source when there was one.

For now, I am taking copyright rather seriously. My intent is to educate/inform, NOT violate any copyright laws!

Cara

Last edited by jccgf; 08-25-2006 at 09:59 AM.
jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote