View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 06:50 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy View Post
Dejibo, I guess I need to pick a different church. The one we meet at and the pastor's wife is part of our group gave her a small used TV for her bedroom but that was all they had at this time.

HUD built her a ramp which has been a real blessing. And Medicaid paid for an electric wheelchair that she doesn't have good enough hand control yet to navigate. She took their dining room table out on one of early excursions on the electric chair.

She can travel throughout the county we live in if she calls 24 hour in advance and stays within the county. It is a wheelchair accessible bus so that is good but too limited at times.

She is such a positive young woman but I hate to see her be such a prisoner of her own home.
First let me say I am so sorry that you were treated that way. NO church should hand out a television and feel that their job is done! NO CHURCH! that is disgusting. I would seek out a new church. Like I said, you dont have to be a member of the church to go ask for help. go to 4 or 5 of them. knock on doors till your knuckles bleed. talk to her social worker, and ask about resources. Talk to the PT department at a large hosital and ask if they have any old/unused/ unclaimed slide boards. Please dont let your church stop you from knocking on the doors of others.

hang in there.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote