View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 10:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks all for the suggestions.

I will look into each of them.

I honestly had thought of getting a small tarp, because they are so cheap and can be used for something else if need be, and put some bathtub non-slips on it where her bottom could sit and then I could pull her on into the car after her mom has somewhat put her into the car.

I will look into the slide boards...I think those would be ideal but don't you have to take the arm of your wheelchair and how difficult is that? I haven't tried to remove hers or mine, they are both manual(hers is actually the neuro's). We usually use my wheelchair because it is smaller. Once she gets the hang of her electric one we can use that to get out of her house but then need a manual because there is no way to transport her electric.

Her electric has been now been adjusted down to the lowest speed. I need to ask her mom if the OT or PT are teaching her how to use it properly.

Thanks again.