View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 11:23 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Sarah,

I have RSDS in my pelvic area along with Interstital Cystitis, and now something called Pelvic Congestion Syndrome.

I went to an Interventional Radiologist last week in hopes that he could help with the PCS but he knew nothing about it. It's pretty rare I guess. My PCP gives me triggerpoint injections around my pelvic area and has also done injections inside of me. They did help for awhile. We are going to start them again this week. Also he is talking about putting me in PT for the pelvic pain. I also have an appt. the 12th with my Gyno in hopes he knows what to do about the PCS. I like him but he doesn't keep up on learning like my PCP does.

I had several surgeries that has brought on my RSD due to not being able to get blocks at the hospital I had them done in.

Back a few years ago I had asked about having my bladder taken out. The Urolgist said they do it now for IC. My PCP changed my mind. He said it wouldn't help.

My PCP told me last week to come home and read up on the treatments for PCS and see if I want them. He already knew what they were though. The PT and the triggerpoint injections until we can find an IR or someone who knows something about it.

As far as the IC, mine got no better with treatments. I was using lidocaine that I put in my bladder but it made me so much worse. They tried other meds in me and they made me worse so we quit the treatment.

I use lidocaine patches on my pelvic area also. You might want to try them. You can put 3 on for 12 hours on and 12 off. They do seem to help some.

I have gotten worse in the past few months. I am now dealing with headaches, chest pain, nausea, and other symptoms. I don't know if they go with the pelvic pain but I seem to get them when I am at my worst. But with the PCS the blood doesn't flow right from the heart so I am thinking that might be causing some of these symptoms.

I am sorry that you are going through so much. I am amazed at what you have accomplished though even though you are so sick and in pain. You have a lot of strength in you, that's for sure.

I hope you start finding some relief soon and I hope you stick around too.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote