View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 02:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default thebookcritic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebookcritic View Post
A little over two years ago, I started having some strange health problems.I started having problems swallowing.I would take a bite chew it up and swallow,but it wouldn't go down, sometimes this would make choke.I lost my appetite, could only drink liquids and I felt like crap. I was also having constant dirreha(because I was only drinking ensure and water.) My left eyelid started drooping when I was tired.My knees also started swelling.I had a swallow study done, ihad a upper gi and a colonoscopy, both came back normal.I went thru this for about 5 weeks, then I was able to eat again and I felt better.I thought it was over, but I was wrong.The symtoms keep coming back. Sometimes it only last a few days somtimes it can last weeks. Everytime it comes I have problems swallowing and can't eat, and it's back to ensure.My drs have tested me for lupus and ra,all of those have been negitive. they think that this is a autoimmune disease but they don't know which one.
Last week I asked my dr to test me for mg, when I did my own research this is where I ended up.mg doesn't explain my swollwen knees. But it pretty much explains everything else.Today I had the acetylcholine receptor antibodies and the anti MuSK antibodies done as well as a chest xray to look at the thymus gland.I will get results within a week.
Do these attack come and alot?
What do you all do when you can't eat because of swallowing problems?
I am sure I will have more ?'s later. I just wanted to come by and say hello.
Hi... sorry you're having problems... have you asked your neurologist if you could try taking Mestinon pills to see if they help your symptoms? This was the first thing they had my daughter do when she was being tested for MG... then, she had a CT scan where they found she had an enlarged and hyperactive thymus so, she had a robotic thymectomy done last Oct. 5...now she is doing well and only taking 2 mestinon pills a day instead of 6! Good luck to you.
BRQQK75 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote