View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 03:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default A More Simplified Question re: Sinemet CR

To those of you who take Sinemet CR, is it taken as an adjunct to the "regular" Sinemet or as monotherapy, i.e., as a supplement to the "regular" Sinemet? If you are taking Sinemet CR as a monotherapy, would you please give me your dosing schedule? If you're taking Sinemet CR as an adjunct to the "regular" Sinemet, would you please give me that dosing schedule. Doreen's neurologist's aim in prescribing Sinemet CR ONLY was to try to decrease the Sinemet-related dyskinesia(s)...which seems to have been accomplished on just 2 days of the
CR" only...BUT, her tremor has increased. I know...I know...it's very difficult to have it "both ways".

...and thank you so much to those of you who were kind enough to reply to my first post related to the Sinemet CR question...Vicky, TenaLouise, Paula and Evon. Paula...your thoughts, i.e., related to the Sinemet...less more frequently does seem more logical to me...and, in fact, Doreen was taking the "regular" Sinemet that way before her neurologist prescribed the Sinemet CR ONLY...and she seemed to be faring quite well on that regimen...as you said, too...more ability to control on this regimen.

We will see Doreen's neurologist this coming Friday, and once again, I will be "armed" with some information from the people here at this forum...thank you....

Therese
Virginia Therese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lou_lou (01-28-2008)