View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoodles View Post
Oh good - I just had a moment of fear when I first read your post LOL...
Poor girl - sounds like she just doesn't give one whit if they fire her or not - she must be so horribly overworked. I agree - it is a wonder in the world that we ever get the correct meds !!!!

One time, a long time ago, I took antibiotics for a week and got sicker and sicker. Finally had to go back to the doctor and took my bottle with me, my doctor had an absolute FIT !!! Instead of antibiotics, I was given a very strong muscle relaxer at a avery high dose - at least that explained why I became so much more lethargic and couldn't get out of bed and became sicker all at the same time !! I had near pneumonia but not quite).... My doctor flew off the handle, left the room and called the druggist in a huff !!!!

I sort of digress, but not really. LOL Normally I check my meds, but I was so sick - it didn't even occur to me that I could have received the wrong drug ! Somebody at the pharmacy was probably overworked and hurriedly looked at the script and filled it incorrectly !!!

Back in the mid 90s when I worked for a McDonalds, the owner of my store died suddenly. Turns out that Walgreens had given him the wrong Rx. He and his son had the same name (they had III and IV at the end of their names, plus the son had his nickname in quotes on the Rx) and both had dropped off Rx's at the same time...and the pharmacist had put the son's medication in the father's bottle, and the father's meds in the son's bottle.

So, when the owner took the (wrong) medication, it triggered a fatal heart attack. It was a stupid mistake by the pharmacist. The owner's wife sued and won.

The owner of the store and his wife to this day have been the only bosses I've ever had that I truly enjoyed working for. I feel so bad for the wife and wish it had never happened. I probably would have stayed working for them for years. Even if it was just at McD's.

The wife decided to retire after her husband died and sold both of the McD's that they owned. The new owner was a complete putz and had actually told the new managers to make any of the old employees quit. (was told this after I quit by a couple of the managers after they quit) The new owner is not a nice guy, but I heard he got all of his stores taken away from him by the corporation, so karma took care of him in the end.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote