View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 11:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yipee! Everyone is back together again. I worried about all those people who needed direction and encouragement and hoped they found it while our site was down.

All is well here. I am off all asthma medicine. Not asthma afterall-just gluten. Sometimes I want to eat wheat (uck-poison) just to see if I still react. That would be crazy right? My heart doesn't double beat. My asthma and throat swelling and reflux and yeast infections are completely gone. Pain in belly and digestive symptoms are all gone. What more do I need to prove I am gluten intolerant? And to be honest the thought of eating wheat or drinking beer is disgusting to me. I would rather eat glass. I did change my flour mix for breads and cakes to 100% brown rice flour and with the addition of 1 tablespoon of xanthum gum, methycellulose, and yeast and the usual egg and sugar I have a perfect bread with great fiber and nutrition.

Husband hasn't had a thyroiditis or autoimmune ear disease attack in 1 and 1/2 years now even though he occasionally gets a bit of wheat. He will eat soy sauce and corn flakes... He won't check the little things. But it seems to work for him.

My daughter went to a summer camp at University of Alaska at Fairbanks and lost 5 pounds in two weeks becuase she didn't eat meat or gluten. This actually worked for her and now we know she won't gain the freshman 15 next year!

Good health to all,
Leslie
Leslieand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote