View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 07:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question

Hi,

Thank You, for all the great information. We went to the Ped. today, and discussed Kayla's reflux. She is still having problems and is on the maximum dose allowed. Unfortunately, she isn't able to do anything until we see the GI Doctor coming from Iowa City. Has anyone ever seen Dr. Biship? So far, Kayla has never had any testing done, except allergy testing and blood test for Celiac Disease. I discussed the IGG testing with her and she said to try her on a wheat free diet, which we have already started.

We were told that the IGG is a protein, and that it does not show allergies? Can anyone explain this to me? Joshua on the other hand came back with IGE reactions to corn (II), Wheat (III), milk (I), Peanuts (III), and eggs (I). We asked the doctor what this means in regards to food. Can he have any of these items in limited quantity, especially the mild foods? Also, what about shots and medications?

We have asked to see and Diet. to talk about how to plan meals. Also, is there other conditions that can mimic Acid Reflux that do not adhere to Previcid medications? Also, can someone sufficate if they reflux in their sleep? There is a strong family history of Acid Reflux with both my husband and his mother having it. She also had Stomach and Throat Cancer and was not a smoker.

Also, does anyone know of any good Ped. GI doctors at Mayo, Rochester?

Thanks

Diana
specialneeds is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote