View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 07:11 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default stepping over that line

MikeTTF we can learn from you while you talk to the veterans of DBS here
Would you mind sharing how you came to the decision to have DBS at this time? How far ahead have you looked; did you feel that you were provided with all the information you needed ? I'm asking because there are going to be some major changes in how clinical trials are done and I don't know how involved you are in Parkinsons. I don't want to put you on the spot, or invade your privacy, but don't want to patronize either. Have you looked into clinical trials?

We need to be sensitive to those who have opted for this treatment. THey are getting better at it all the time and it remains the only thing FDA and Medicare approved..Results have been extremely significant.

What brought you to the point of deciding to do it? .....forgive me for directness- don't mean to be rude but every connection made, any dots connected - just spurs you to keep going. I want this to be a decision that was not sold to you by anyone with a vested interest - a business free decision - I won't hide my agenda.....I want this to be a successful and life changing experience for you of course. And I think you are going to come out of the surgery feeling great because you will be in good hands. i'm just curious about exactly how and with whom you made the decision. not names, you know what i mean i hope - family, doctors. etc.

Thank you - first day and homework already lol.

Paula
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote