View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 09:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, and as everyone else here has posted, happy to hear from you but sorry you have to be here. I don't mean to feel like a broken record because I post the same infor often but, I had surgery in 2000. I had the rib resection and scalanectomy. It was a difficult surgery and very long recovery. After 1 year I was completely pain free. I never thought this would happen. I had been in so much pain. Married with 3 young children and a family business that I was expected to run. I was very depressed. It happened gradually but after that one year I was in no pain. I had been on major medication. So much that I don't even remember how much or which. I had to go to Columbia Presbyterian in NY to get off all meds. I checked in on 9/10/01. I watched the next day the second plane crash from my bedroom window and both towers crash to the ground. Within 4 months of being home I became pregnant with my 4th. I had a very successful pregnancy. I had a scheduled c-section and healthy baby. I, unfortunately resurected my TOS during a long driving trip to Disney.

I agree with other posts that once people are better they don't come back. I hadn't been back to this site in a few years until the symptoms returned. I had stayed for awhile at first but went on with my life. I felt guilty for feeling better while all other TOS'rs did not. I have found family here. We all share TOS, but we all share other things also. Being a parent, out of work, horrible pain, or just something silly to say to brighten the day. I

I don't know if there is an actual "cure" as nerve damage is an extremely tricky thing to beat. I do believe the prospects for pain management are there for us to benefit from if we find the right doctor at the right time. I have to take medication for pain to live a close to normal life. I can get up in the morning, get kids to school, go to work, grocery shop, etc. In 2000, I was unable.

Please keep all hope and faith in our medical people, and faith in any religion you believe in. I have also become more compassionate to others needs and that is important also. Sorry I went on so long!! It's like a book!! Linda
LinJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote