View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 07:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Diana. IGG means that your child is intolerant, as opposed to anaphlyxis-type allergy. If your children are allergic to grasses, you also need to keep in mind that most grains, including wheat and rice, are members of the grass family. An allergy or intolerance to grass could very easily translate into an allergy or intolerance to wheat or rice. Did your daughter have an endoscopy with biopsy for a diagnostic tool, or just the bloodwork? It is possible that she could be celiac, just not have enough damage to show up on tests. Did she have the genetic test run? I hope you are able to figure out what is going on with your kids soon!

I will do some research on the grass families. I do know that Joshua also says he gets itchy when he eats watermelon and cantelope. Do your know how one would react to an intolerance vs allergic reaction? I am wondering about acid reflux, could one get acid reflux as an intolerance reaction? She has not had any endoscopy or other testing done yet, except the blood testing. She however did have some genetic testing done that showed she had an elevated Carbohydrate Transferrin level, but the next level was normal. The Genetics said that she did not have the condition related to that. She also has a copy of 2q13 missing on one of here chromosomes.

Thanks

Diana
specialneeds is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote