View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 10:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD View Post
I did the shoe thing myself when I was still working. At least they were both the same style, just one was brown and one was black. No one noticed - or at least was too polite to say anything .

Several months ago I got up & dressed & went off to Target. I was almost done with my shopping when a lady came up to me, bent over (I'm in a powerchair) & told me (in a low voice) that one of my chair arms had a pair of panties wrapped around it . Sometimes when I'm getting dressed I stick the old ones there until I take them to the hamper. I was absolutely mortified . She couldn't have been nicer - she said she was a nurse. I frantically shoved the panties into my purse, hoping an employee wouldn't see me and think I was shoplifting them!

It's now ok to laugh about it, but it took awhile! And no, I don't stick pieces of clothing on my chair anymore (at least when I know I'm going out !)

I am laughing so hard at that! I can relate.

I once left the house midday and went to the hardware store. I looked around, went to the checkout and purchased what I'd come for.

When I got home I walked by the mirror and noticed I'd been walking around with a dish towel thrown over my shoulder. No one said a word. Maybe they thought it was a scarf???

I'm glad though it wasn't my panties.

Oh wait.....
Jodylee (01-29-2008)