View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 10:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Tshadow, you've definitely got me thinking about all this & I too would love to see some good statistics on repetitive motion injuries. I first developed carpal tunnel syndrome in the late 1980's as well as the radial & ulnar nerves. I had 3 surgeries on the carpal tunnel and one each on the other nerves and ended up with a 35% disability in my right hand. Back then there was a lot less information on repetitive motion injuries and thanks to the help of a great attorney and a great surgeon I was able to get worker's comp to pay for the medical care that I needed. Up until September/October 2007 I was symptom-free as long as I didn't overdo anything and only used computers on a limited basis & of course I was a fanatic about ergonomics. In 2005 I was laid off from my job and due to my financial situation I was forced to take a job that required 8 hours of computer work daily. Now I sit here in terrible pain dealing with WC again and getting nowhere with my medical treatment (that's another story!) and have often thought that something needs to be done about repetitive motion injuries. I personally know a lot of people with carpal tunnel syndrome (and probably have other undiagnosed RMI's as well) and yet nothing seems to be done about preventing them.
KLS2007 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tshadow (01-29-2008)