View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 11:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Kavanap,

Facet arthritis is the story of my life!

You can try physical therapy but I recommend aqua therapy. I am in that right now and it is helping a great deal. But I am in that mainly for stenosis reasons and for neuropathy.

I do have a spinal PM who does facet injections which helps tremendously. I had a set done at the C2/C3 in November...still working well...no pain! I had another set done at the L4/L5 and S1 on the left side only in December and they seem to be doing the trick too.

I go again this Friday to get a second set and from there it will be an RF. I had an RF done of the L3/L4/L5 facets done last winter. And I am telling you...I received a year's worth of relief. I would not hesitate again!

To me, it beats taking a handful of meds; the injections takes the pain down and I can go into therapy. Anyway, this is how I prefer to handle it because I have been the route of numerous medications. And PT "on land" just killed me. Being in the water takes the pressure off and is actually helping with the burning sensations I have in my feet.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote