In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Arrow the difference between Amgen - and warning labels on medications

Dear DJM1 et al,
you realize the difference of stealing a good product back -ergo to continue
peoples medical /medicine addictions -Amgen I have no problem saying -
outright lied and stole and have killed many lives, because of greed...

you all may have been aware of the problems but the first group of lab rat's for MIRAPEX -
aka patients put me and others w/PD in the line of FIRE! and I was shot!
I lived but my life was hell, my girlfriend w/ PD had put herself in debt so badly, instead of coming to the first DC meeting -where Micheal J. Fox
and many devoted Parkinson's advocates showed up, ie: PaulaWitt (you know from the outstanding Grassroots PD organization and sometimes we hear from Peggy,they were there ---- but my friend back in 2000 did not show, instead I was notified by Joan samuelson's people -that Paige had taken her own life, and yes she was on MIRAPEX
so in retrospect that is the big difference, between advocates

GDNF and PD clinical trial -
and big freakin greedypharma - ie: amgen president...who at the time lied through his teeth...

it is for this reason you have MIRAPEX
-yet no cure? is because of the money... you can't make much money on healthy people / the greedy people think this because they charge the big bucks for medicine...

All I have searched for is a cure -or how to regain what was made degenerative -the body is truly amazing once you can gain a balance of health -pH balance in particular.
which is what I believed to be the goal here...and to continue w/ meds until we do not need them anymore, but as for now -we are all perhaps addicted to dopamine, or benzodiazepines
or anti-depressants...
I am trying to live and have hope, but drugs do not cure... the body if it can figure how to undue and detoxify, can show how spectacularly it is made.
sincerely,
tena

PS: I will not reply again -in my defense... thankyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM1 View Post
I am another PWP who has taken Mirapex ever since it first became available and, for me, it has been a miracle drug. I think it should be prescribed by doctors who tell their patients all the potential side-effects - as with any drug they prescribe. If patients are aware of the drugs's potential to cause addictive behaviors (gambling, sexual) in SOME users, they can stop the medication should unwanted behaviors begin.

But, to stop the production and use of Mirapex all together is unfair to people like me who have benefitted greatly from it. Remember how horrible we all thought it was when Amgen stopped the patient trials of whatever drug it was because SOME patients devloped major problems with it (heart disease or cancer - I can't remember which)? PWP's in the Amgen trials SUED the company to try to force them to continue the trials for those participants who were doing so well on the drug. They lost their lawsuit and the improvement in the quality of their lives that the Amgen product had provided.

If they took every drug off the market that causes bad side-effects for users, Eldepryl (aka Selegiline) would have to be off the market based on my reaction to it. I never even managed to titrate up to a full dosage because it made me feel mean as it took effect. I was nauseaus, had hot flashes, crushing headaches, etc.etc. For me, it was an awful, awful drug but for many PWP's, it helps a lot.

So, as with any drug, make sure those who are prescribed Mirapex should be made aware of all potential risks, but don't stop producing a drug that sop many of us use with great success.

by
, on Flickr
pd documentary - part 2 and 3

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.

Last edited by lou_lou; 01-30-2008 at 07:08 AM.
lou_lou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote