Thread: surgery #64?
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 11:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Becki,

So so sorry to hear about that. Been thinking of you both today. There were a few people who'd had line irritations on the old Braintalk site - one was called Darren who really had problems with it - but I haven't seen him on this one so far. I befriended a lady in hospital last month who had bad irritation with her VP shunt 3 years ago. Apparently her tube wound round her stomach, so it went from one side right over to the other, so to speak and she started to have crippling pains in her abdomen a few weeks after the operation. She said that the tip of the catheter had moved out of place and was 'tickling' the underside of her diaphragm and causing such irritation that she too had worsening headaches because everything got inflamed and the absorption of the stomach lining lessened so not so much fluid was absorbed. She emailed me all this only a couple of days ago, as I was telling her about my bad pains too. In the end her NS opened up just her tummy end, re-positioned the tube....and that was it. She felt better, the pains stopped and her headaches improved. Her abdominal pain used to radiate to her shoulder, all the way up her arm. I don't know if Hailie's had shoulder pain too? Trudi (my hospital buddie) said the op to repostion the tube was minor and she was just saw with the usual post-op abdomen pain until the scar healed. I so hope this is all that needs to be done, although MORE surgery is just what you didn't want It sounds like her NS is on the case and hopefully tomorrow you'll have more answers. All this and a new job to start too! Am thinking of you all, as always. Keep us posted if you can and look after yourself and BIG HUGS to you and Hailie. xx
Spiritgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote