View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 01:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Confused

Tena, my post was in support of Mirapex, not a shot at you or anyone else in particular.

I'm confused about your response though. Were you and your friend part of the drug study group for Mirapex or was it for the Amgen drug study? Whichever it may have been, I'm so sorry that your friend took her life. It's hard to imagine being in despair so deep and black that death seems the better alternative, but obviously it happens. I hope you and others who cared about her have found peace following her passing.

As for the Amgen trials, I only know what I read on the PD forums. It was a a stunning development, IMHO, for patients to take their own interests to court - to want to continue with something that was helping them even though they knew others were experiencing dangerous side effects. That's how I feel about Mirapex. I know others may have real problems caused by the drug, but for me it's really been a great help.

I'm in a drug study now, KW-6002, which also has helped me tremendously. By being part of the study, I'm one of the people who determines what side effects - if any - this new drug can cause. All I can say is that, for me, it is another miracle drug. Selfishly, it's been great that the study has continued since I get the drug for free. But, from a more compassionate standpoint, I hope it gets FDA approval soon so it will be available to all with PD. It's that good!

Again, Tena, my sympathy to you for the loss of your friend.
DJM1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote